These cookies are soft and delicate. The nuttiness of the almond flour blends elegantly with the chocolate and touches of orange and cinnamon—a lovely treat for those who don’t eat gluten (also great for Passover).
- 2 c. almond flour
- 2-1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 2-1/2 Tbs. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tbs. orange zest
- 3 Tbs. butter
- 1/4 c. sour milk or buttermilk
- 1/4 c. chocolate chips (mini chips are preferred)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, cinnamon, and orange zest.
- Cut in butter
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Stir in the milk, until just combined
- Drop by teaspoon-fulls onto prepared baking sheet. They can be placed fairly close together since they don’t spread much.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
For other tasty bakes:
You Can’t Have Dry Coffee: Papa’s Excuse to Have a Nosh And Nana’s Perfect Pastries