This was exceptionally delicious, and quick and simple to prepare.
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- bread crumbs or Panko crumbs, Italian style
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil leaves or parsley (optional)
Dip the chicken in the egg, coat in the bread crumbs and saute in olive oil until brown, then turn and brown the other side. Pour about 1 cup of sauce to cover the bottom of a 13″ x 9″ pan. Place the chicken on top of the sauce. Top each breast with 1 slice of cheese. Spoon on the remainder of the sauce, and garnish with fresh basil and/or parsley, if you like. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
- 1 pound linguine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbs. butter, or a combination of butter and olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt (or to taste)
- a little chopped parsley
Cook the linguine al dente. Drain. Add butter and/or oil to pan, add garlic, then toss in the drained pasta and finally the parsley. Serve in a heated bowl.