This is a more kid-friendly version of the Party Chicken, and a really easy week-night dinner idea.
Chicken Breasts with Crusted Parmesan and Parsley
- 6 pieces boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 c. Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 c. chopped, fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1 large clove garlic, pressed
- 1/2 tsp. coarsely grated black pepper
- 1/4 c. butter, melted in a wide, shallow bowl or baking dish
In a large, shallow bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese, parsley, oregano, garlic and pepper. Dip the chicken breasts in the butter and then dredge in the cheese mixture, being sure to get a good coating of the mixture on all sides of the chicken. Place in a baking dish. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
I do a similar dish, but I add bread crumbs to the Parmesan coating and some seasoning. I serve it with rice and I add the pan crumb/drippings to the rice with some parsley. It is a family favorite.
That sounds delicious, especially the rice. Yum. Thanks for that idea.