If you’re going to the effort of baking a quick-bread, then it’s not a lot more trouble to double or triple the recipe. There’s nothing more satisfying than having a stock pile of homemade baked goods in the freezer. I will admit that making this recipe x6 was a slight challenge in that I had to find a huge bowl, and had to scrape together 6 bread pans.
1. Cream together butter and sugar, then mix in eggs.
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 1/3 c. butter
- 2 eggs
2. Stir in the following:
- 3 Tbs. buttermilk (or sour your own milk by mixing together 1/4 c. milk and 1 tsp. lemon juice, then let that stand for 10 mins.)
- 3 medium-sized, very ripe bananas, mashed with a fork
3. Stir in the dry ingredients:
- 2 c. flour (may substitute whole wheat pastry flour; if using regular whole wheat flour then may substitute up to 2/3 cup.)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
4. Optional: Blend in 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans and/or 1 cup mini chocolate chips.
5. Pour into a well greased loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes or until tests done with a toothpick.