This is an exceptionally delicious granola, and tastes great dry as a snack, or with milk as a breakfast cereal.
- 4 c. matzo farfel
- ½ c. nuts
- ¾ c. shredded coconut
- ½ c. honey
- ½ c. oil
- ½ c. raisins, dried cherries, dried cranberries, or a combination
- Mix together the matzo farfel, nuts and coconut.
- Mix together the honey and oil.
- Mix together the two mixtures.
- Spread evenly on a cookie sheet, bake at 350° for 15–20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- When cool add raisins or other dried fruit. Seal in airtight container.
Rae and I were at it again at temple this morning, showing the high-schoolers some Passover recipes. First we stirred up a batch of granola, and then, while the granola was in the oven, we made some matzo pizzas.
For favorite Passover recipes from my kitchen, please see Essential Passover from Scratch: Recipes and Stories from My Mother’s Kitchen