I used last night’s left overs and created this gourmet lunch of a matzo pizza topped with lemon asparagus and matzo meal baked chicken.
Gourmet Matzo Pizza
- 1 sheet matzo
- 2 Tbs. (approx) tomato or pizza sauce
- 2 stalks asparagus (of other vegetable), cut into pieces
- 1 baked chicken thigh, sliced
- 1/4 c. shredded cheese
Spread the sauce evenly over the matzo, then top with asparagus and chicken. Sprinkle on the cheese. Microwave on high for 1 minute.
This is an exceptionally delicious granola, and tastes great dry as a snack, or with milk as a breakfast cereal.
- 4 c. matzo farfel
- ½ c. nuts
- ¾ c. shredded coconut
- ½ c. honey
- ½ c. oil
- ½ c. raisins, dried cherries, dried cranberries, or a combination
- Mix together the matzo farfel, nuts and coconut.
- Mix together the honey and oil.
- Mix together the two mixtures.
- Spread evenly on a cookie sheet, bake at 350° for 15–20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- When cool add raisins or other dried fruit. Seal in airtight container.
Rae and I were at it again at temple this morning, showing the high-schoolers some Passover recipes. First we stirred up a batch of granola, and then, while the granola was in the oven, we made some matzo pizzas.
Matzo makes a pretty terrific pizza crust!
Its easy to customize these single-serving pizzas.